Pirates to call up Burres, Jaramillo
The Pirates are expected to select the contract of left-handed pitcher Brian Burres and recall catcher Jason Jaramillo from Triple-A Indianapolis today as part of their September call-ups.
Burres was 5-9 with a 4.66 ERA in 23 starts at Indy. He struck out 95 and walked 45 in 129 1⁄3 innings.
Jaramillo was a member of the Pirates' opening day roster but was optioned to Indianapolis on April 14, where he hit .276 with two homers and 23 RBI in 46 games in Indy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Spring training breakdown: Braves 7, Pirates 5
- Hair Cutch: Pirates superstar lops off his locks for charity
- Forbes: Pirates worth $900 million
- Reliever Caminero’s chances of making Pirates’ roster heating up
- Pirates’ Harrison working to use 2014 success as building block
- No. 2 catcher Stewart’s injury could open door for Sanchez
- Pirates notebook: RV is home to pitcher Lincoln for spring training
- Starting 9: Minor league options can lead to March roster madness
- Fresh Polanco hopes to speed up hands, get better results this season
- Alvarez hopes tweak in mechanics unlocks plate potential