Pirates recall Alvarez, among others
The Pirates have recalled four players from Triple-A Indianapolis, including third baseman Pedro Alvarez.
Left-handed pitchers Jeff Locke, Aaron Thompson and Daniel Moskos also were recalled. The Pirates selected right-handed pitcher Jared Hughes from Triple-A Indy and recalled right-handed reliever Evan Meek after his rehab assignment and a spot on the 60-day disabled list.
To make room on the 40-man roster, the Pirates transferred left-handed pitchers Paul Maholm and Kevin Correia from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Penguins 4th line showing promise
- Phipps winter show glows with holiday warmth
- LB Kwiatkoski sentimental about WVU traditions entering final home game
- Plan ahead to force yourself — and bulbs — out of winter doldrums
- Despite injuries, Penn State’s Nelson ‘thankful’
- Yahoo investors losing patience with ‘star’ CEO Marissa Mayer
- Gorman: Penn-Trafford’s Topper not defined by ‘the miss’