Pirates recall Alvarez, among others
The Pirates have recalled four players from Triple-A Indianapolis, including third baseman Pedro Alvarez.
Left-handed pitchers Jeff Locke, Aaron Thompson and Daniel Moskos also were recalled. The Pirates selected right-handed pitcher Jared Hughes from Triple-A Indy and recalled right-handed reliever Evan Meek after his rehab assignment and a spot on the 60-day disabled list.
To make room on the 40-man roster, the Pirates transferred left-handed pitchers Paul Maholm and Kevin Correia from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Statistically speaking: Can Pirates contain Hamilton on bases
- Friday’s scouting report: Reds at Pirates
- Pirates starting pitcher Cole growing in his 1st full major-league season
- Minor league notes: Baseball vagabonds improve stock with strong seasons
- Stats Corner: Can Pirates’ Polanco handle the heat in season’s final weeks?
- Pirates notebook: Breakout of catching prospect Diaz a pleasant surprise
- McCutchen says he’s not 100 percent, but ‘good enough’ to play
- Pirates send Polanco to Triple-A Indianapolis; Tabata, Barmes return
- Starkey: Bucs still battlin’
- Pirates down Cardinals, inch closer in wild-card chase