Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Pirates notebook: Morton lacks efficiency in spring training debut
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Spring training breakdown: Yankees 2, Pirates 1
- Pirates look to put more pressure on opposition with better baserunning
- Pirates notebook: Harrison’s day cut short by ankle injury
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Spring training breakdown: Blue Jays 4, Pirates 1
- Sawchik: Should McCutchen really get a huge salary bump?