Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates notebook: Bucs to target pitching on trade market
- Saturday’s scouting report: Pirates at Reds
- All-star Watson blows late lead as Reds rally past Pirates
- Statistically speaking: Mesoraco, Martin travel different paths to success
- Pirates minor league notebook: Kingham cruising since promotion to Triple-A
- Kovacevic: Who’s better than Cutch?
- Thursday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Pirates notebook: Liriano could make weekend start vs. Reds
- Report links Pirates first baseman Sanchez to PEDs while in college
- Kovacevic: No measuring Harrison’s heart
- Pirates’ Harrison, McCutchen, Watson picked for All-Star Game