Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Reliever Hughes takes plenty of pride in being Pirates’ middle man
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 3, Orioles 3, 10 inns.
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 7, Tigers 3