Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thursday’s scouting report: Pirates at Diamondbacks
- Pirates’ Alvarez continues to sit, work on throwing woes
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Pirates lacking Hall-worthy arms
- Xxxday’s scouting report: Pirates at Giants
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday
- Biertempfel: Locke looks toward postseason run
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page