Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Pirates’ Cole reinforces status as emerging ace
- Biertempfel: Observations from a day at the ballpark
- Sawchik: Young Cubs could threaten for foreseeable future
- Bradenton outfielder Barnes burdened by his body
- Pirates notebook: Miffed Melancon finds success, will stick with his routine
- Gameday: Pirates at Diamondbacks, April 26, 2015
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen unfazed by return to Arizona
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Cubs’ 3-run, 9th-inning rally upends Pirates
- Pirates notebook: Fan struck by foul ball released from hospital