Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Butler students push composting as a way to slow food waste
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Amazon raises bar for other retailers with same-day delivery
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Western Pa. dairies get creative to ensure eggnog supply
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- Holiday shopping season off to early start in Mon Valley
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Family-oriented mom treated each day as special
- Chicago police videos of black teen McDonald’s death lack sounds; protests planned for ‘Black Friday’
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices