Pirates put Karstens on DL, recall Lincoln
PHOENIX — The Pirates put right-hander Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list and recalled righty Brad Lincoln from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Karstens took himself out of the game Tuesday night due to right shoulder inflammation. He pitched one inning and allowed two runs on three hits. Late last season, Karstens missed two starts due to soreness in the same shoulder.
Lincoln will start Tuesday against the Colorado Rockies at PNC Park. In two starts for Indy, Lincoln was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. He'd allowed 10 hits, walked none and gotten nine strikeouts in 12 innings.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Rossi: Hurdle needs better players, not blame
- Pirates notebook: Marte gets earful from Hurdle about lazy play
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 22, 2015
- Mauer’s 13th-inning homer spells doom for Pirates in home loss
- Improved Tabata rejoins Pirates roster
- Pirates’ prospect Taillon returns to mound following surgery
- Starting 9: Should Pirates maximize McCutchen window by trading for a star?
- Pirates minor league report: Moroff showing his moves at plate
- Biertempfel: Pirates are music to Price’s ears
- Burnett’s strong start helps Pirates end 4-game skid