FSN to show most Pens' first-round games
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fans will not have to channel-surf to find the Penguins' opening-round playoff games next month.
Though the playoff television schedule will not be released until April 8, most of the Penguins' Eastern Conference quarterfinal games will air on FSN Pittsburgh.
NBC holds the exclusive right to show a maximum of two Penguins opening-round games on the weekends of April 14-15 and, if the best-of-7 series goes beyond five games, April 21-22. All remaining games will be broadcast locally on FSN Pittsburgh.
VERSUS, the NHL's national cable partner, has no exclusive option to air the Penguins' opening-round games.
If the Penguins advance to the Eastern Conference semifinals, NBC again will hold exclusive rights to air potentially two weekend games. VERSUS then would have exclusive rights to show up to two non-weekend games. FSN Pittsburgh would air all non-exclusive games.
NBC and VERSUS will have exclusive rights to air the conference finals and the Stanley Cup finals.
VERSUS can be found locally on Comcast (channel 17 or 60), Armstrong Cable (channel 485), DirecTV (channel 608) and Dish Network (channel 151).
- By Rob Rossi
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Woman gets probation in deadly shooting outside Pittsburgh bar
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates