Crosby to play in tonight's game
ST. LOUIS -- Penguins center Sidney Crosby will play tonight against the St. Louis Blues.
"Good, ready," Crosby said when asked how he felt after the Penguins morning skate.
"I'm gonna play."
Crosby left Thursday's game against the Phoenix Coyotes with an undisclosed injury and never returned. The Penguins did not practice Friday, giving Crosby some time to recover.
"A little bit," Crosby said. "Just good enough to play."
The Penguins have recalled forward Janne Pesonen from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL.
Defenseman Mark Eaton will be a healthy scratch for tonight's game. Forward Ruslan Fedotanko has an undisclosed injury and will be day to day.
Defensemen Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi will serve as the alternate captains for the month of November.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Free lunch for Highlands, New Ken schools eliminates stigma
- Roundup: McDonald’s says 3 more Russian restaurants closed; Fed Chair Yellen’s assets up 8% during 2013; more
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- Young adults drive home rental trend in Western Pennsylvania
- RMU falls to Eastern Kentucky in Banaszak’s coaching debut
- Videotaping suspect from Greensburg doesn’t show at hearing
- WPIAL teams value hard-to-come-by nonconference games in Week 1
- Hundred Wood reclaims part of Point Park’s Downtown Pittsburgh campus
- Small Pittsburgh theaters are big hits with movie-theme parties