Crosby to play in tonight's game
ST. LOUIS -- Penguins center Sidney Crosby will play tonight against the St. Louis Blues.
"Good, ready," Crosby said when asked how he felt after the Penguins morning skate.
"I'm gonna play."
Crosby left Thursday's game against the Phoenix Coyotes with an undisclosed injury and never returned. The Penguins did not practice Friday, giving Crosby some time to recover.
"A little bit," Crosby said. "Just good enough to play."
The Penguins have recalled forward Janne Pesonen from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL.
Defenseman Mark Eaton will be a healthy scratch for tonight's game. Forward Ruslan Fedotanko has an undisclosed injury and will be day to day.
Defensemen Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi will serve as the alternate captains for the month of November.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield man receives long-overdue Bronze Star for World War II service
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Fabregas: When you’re done reading this, take a break from sitting
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- $800K spent to revamp California University of Pa. president’s home
- Police: Woman thwarted abduction at Buffalo Township convenience store