Crosby to play in tonight's game
ST. LOUIS -- Penguins center Sidney Crosby will play tonight against the St. Louis Blues.
"Good, ready," Crosby said when asked how he felt after the Penguins morning skate.
"I'm gonna play."
Crosby left Thursday's game against the Phoenix Coyotes with an undisclosed injury and never returned. The Penguins did not practice Friday, giving Crosby some time to recover.
"A little bit," Crosby said. "Just good enough to play."
The Penguins have recalled forward Janne Pesonen from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the AHL.
Defenseman Mark Eaton will be a healthy scratch for tonight's game. Forward Ruslan Fedotanko has an undisclosed injury and will be day to day.
Defensemen Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi will serve as the alternate captains for the month of November.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Hurricane shattered Charleston, S.C., tested mayor 25 years ago
- Pitt notebook: Boyd has breakout performance in loss
- Climate change tops debt as budget threat, feds say
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Ticks reduce moose population in northern states
- Islamic State frees 49 hostages
- Lending challenges, rehab costs thwart efforts to revitalize
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- 121 tourists stranded on schooner near Statue of Liberty
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city