Bissonnette back with Penguins
TribLIVE Sports Videos
LW Paul Bissonnette was re-assigned Saturday to AHL affiliated Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He was placed on waivers Friday afternoon and cleared yesterday, as was the hope of coach Michel Therrien.
"He's a young player, needs to play," Therrien said of Bissonnette, 23, who had appeared in six of 16 possible games. "It (makes) no sense to keep a player in Pittsburgh if he's not going to play."
· RW Miroslav Satan is not surprised to see the Buffalo Sabres once again contending for a playoff spot after failing to reach the postseason last year.
"When I was there, they had a lot of focus on the group (with AHL affiliate) Rochester and developing them," Satan said. "Nobody knew how that was going to work out, but they've definitely surprised a lot of people -- especially lately."
Satan spent parts of eight seasons with Buffalo, scoring a career-best 40 goals in 1998-99.
· G Marc-Andre Fleury started for the Penguins against Buffalo. He was pulled from a game Thursday against Philadelphia after allowing four second-period goals. Fleury had allowed 14 goals and registered a .888 save percentage over three games prior to last night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies after jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Pirates notebook: Reliever Holdzkom among three players cut
- Virginia Tech: Ex-Washington star McKenzie did not violate conduct rules
- Young Derry baseball team developing under 4th-year head coach
- Police investigate rush hour incidents in Shaler, Wexford
- Pittsburgh Mills to host hard-to-recycle collection
- Export resident colors ‘eggstravagant’ Easter creations
- North Allegheny senior to take swim talents to Yale
- Forbes: Night at the Races planned at sportsmen’s club
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Upgrades planned for Murrysville community center