Penn State's Maybin is Hendricks finalist
College Football Videos
Penn State's Aaron Maybin is one of six finalists for the Ted Hendricks Award, which honors the nation's top collegiate defensive end.
Maybin, a redshirt sophomore, is third nationally with 12 solo quarterback sacks and has 19 tackles for loss. He's the third Nittany Lion to be a Hendricks finalist in the past four seasons. Maurice Evans (2007) and Tamba Hali (2005) also were Penn State finalists, as was Michael Haynes in 2002.
This year's winner will be announced Dec. 10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Steelers release WR Lance Moore
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- Just for Giggles, FBI tags along, finds more than sports paraphernalia at Pittsburgh store
- Police say teen driver was drinking in Butler ATV crash that killed passenger
- Alle-Kiski Valley businesses profit from jump in tourism
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Federal judge allows challenge to Sharpsburg’s landlord law
- DA’s office examining complaint history of Strip District club