Penn State's Maybin is Hendricks finalist
College Football Videos
Penn State's Aaron Maybin is one of six finalists for the Ted Hendricks Award, which honors the nation's top collegiate defensive end.
Maybin, a redshirt sophomore, is third nationally with 12 solo quarterback sacks and has 19 tackles for loss. He's the third Nittany Lion to be a Hendricks finalist in the past four seasons. Maurice Evans (2007) and Tamba Hali (2005) also were Penn State finalists, as was Michael Haynes in 2002.
This year's winner will be announced Dec. 10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 adults charged in ATV crash that killed 4-year-old Somerset girl
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- Trial for accused Franklin Regional stabber delayed until at least March
- Charges withdrawn against Fayette parents accused of keeping dead dog
- Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein in court after long manhunt
- Witness: Space tourism rocket explodes in desert
- Fingerprint expert says defendant’s prints were on cyanide bottle
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up