Penn State's Maybin is Hendricks finalist
College Football Videos
Penn State's Aaron Maybin is one of six finalists for the Ted Hendricks Award, which honors the nation's top collegiate defensive end.
Maybin, a redshirt sophomore, is third nationally with 12 solo quarterback sacks and has 19 tackles for loss. He's the third Nittany Lion to be a Hendricks finalist in the past four seasons. Maurice Evans (2007) and Tamba Hali (2005) also were Penn State finalists, as was Michael Haynes in 2002.
This year's winner will be announced Dec. 10.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Chicago mayor fires police chief in wake of video release
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Woman gets probation in deadly shooting outside Pittsburgh bar
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar