Forward Dupuis misses Pens' road trip
Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis did not make the trip to Philadelphia for the Penguins' game against the Flyers on Tuesday night.
Coach Michel Therrien said yesterday he doesn't expect the injured Dupuis to play tonight against the Washington Capitals.
Dupuis left a Jan. 6 game against the Atlanta Thrashers with an undisclosed injury and has not played in a game since. Dupuis practiced with the team Monday morning but left the ice after skating for just 25 minutes.
• Therrien made changes to the Penguins' line combinations last night. Matt Cooke was promoted to the first line, where he skated with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Chris Minard took Cooke's spot and joined Jordan Staal and Petr Sykora on the second line.
• The Penguins recalled forward Paul Bissonnette from their AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Bissonnette began his third stint with Pittsburgh and has played nine games with the Penguins this season.
• If the season was to end today, the Penguins would not make the playoffs as the 10th place team in the Eastern Conference. If the Penguins plan on making a run, they know they must start winning soon.
"Unfortunately our playoffs already started," Therrien said. "Whenever we get out of (the slump), the positive thing is that's going to help us become a better team."
Therrien compared the Penguins' slump to a late losing skid the Flyers experienced last season when they lost 10 straight in February.
"They went through a slump close to the end of the season," Therrien said. "They had a big run to the playoffs. It helped them become a good hockey team, and I think it'll help us."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dubinsky suspended for cross-check on SidneyCrosby
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Fox Chapel wrestlers hope to compete for section title