Fields questionable against UConn
College Football Videos
Pitt senior point guard Levance Fields is listed as questionable for Saturday's game against No. 1 Connecticut with a bruised tailbone.
Fields, the Big East's assist leader, didn't practice Thursday while undergoing treatment.
Fields was hurt while being fouled by 6-foot-6 Dwight Burke driving for a basket midway through the second half of Wednesday's victory over Marquette. Fields stayed in the game and finished with 17 points and 10 assists.
"He landed pretty hard on it," Pitt coach Jamie Dixon said. "He's in a lot of pain."
Fields will be re-evaluated Friday.
"We'll have to see how it is," Dixon said. "It's not even 24 hours since the injury. We've got to give it time and see how he feels. I know right now, if we were playing today, he wouldn't play today."
Saturday is the final game at Petersen Events Center for Pitt's seniors, including Fields.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- Penn State suffers home loss to Radford
- West Virginia football team finds late-season mean streak
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Kiski Area boys a team in transition after graduation of top scorer
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Penn State-West Virginia rivalry renews at Elite Eight
- Expanded roster helps boost Kiski Area girls