Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Canteen features Woodruff tribute
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Two-alarm fire reported in Swissvale
- Stretch of Route 56 to close
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf
- Burrell’s curriculum evolves creatively
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie