Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hotel still a possibility for August Wilson Center
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: South Park’s Justin Minda, Baldwin’s Alina Stahl
- Through the Years: QB Cappa kept Riverview undefeated
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- NK grocery store robbed
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Heyl: Trouble tends to migrate
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies