Sykora scratched, Satan in for tonight's Game 5
Winger Miroslav Satan will play tonight for the Penguins against Philadelphia in Game 5 of their first round series at Mellon Arena.
Satan will replace winger Petr Sykora, who said he is not pleased with his scratch.
"I have no idea why," Sykora said. "I know its playoffs so lets not talk about personal reasons. Let's talk when the playoffs are over."
Sykora said he is "perfectly healthy," though he has scored only twice in 21 games including playoffs. Satan has not played an NHL game since he was sent to the AHL on March 4 for salary cap reasons.
Defenseman Kris Letang will be a gametime decision.
"It was a difficult decision with Sykora, but a decision a coach gets to make," said interim coach Dan Bylsma. "Neither of these decisions are based off injuries."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Humane Society lifts quarantine on dogs at North Side shelter
- Uniontown teen charged in shooting of friend
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says
- WXXP listeners, artists to recall ’80s indie-rock days at reunion show
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Police investigating after cab driver shot in Hazelwood
- Annual Holiday Parade to celebrate all things Pittsburgh
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues