Pitt lands New Jersey DE Clemmings
College Football Videos
Pitt has received a verbal commitment from T.J. Clemmings, a 6-foot-6, 265-pound defensive end from Paterson (N.J.) Catholic.
Clemmings made an unofficial visit to Pitt this past weekend, and chose the Panthers over scholarship offers from Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, Rutgers and Tennessee. Clemmings has played only one season of high school football, yet is ranked the nation's No. 24 defensive end prospect by Scout.com and No. 31 by Rivals.com.
He is Pitt's fourth recruit from the Class of 2010, joining Wilmington linebacker Derrick Burns, Penn Hills defensive tackle Aaron Donald and Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Catholic defensive back Jeff Knox.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- W.V. entrepreneurs offer hope as coal fades as economic engine
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Ex-recreation director settles age discrimination lawsuit against Pittsburgh
- Mentor takes young Brackenridge hunter under his wing
- Field conditions could play factor for Clairton in PIAA quarterfinals
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage