Timmons says he 'definitely' will play against Bears
Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.
Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog .
"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."
Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ intangibles provide 1st-line value
- Despite injuries, Penn State’s Nelson ‘thankful’