PSU's Lee, Navorro questionable for Saturday
College Football Videos
Penn State linebackers Sean Lee and Navorro Bowman are questionable for Saturday's game against Iowa at Beaver Stadium.
While Bowman is more likely to play, Lee is doubtful.
"I really don't know whether Sean is gonna make it on Saturday," Penn State coach Joe Paterno said. "He's day by day. I really don't know.
"Navorro was out there and practiced for about a third of the practice (Monday). I'm anxious to see how he feels today. You don't want to stick him in there when he's really not 100 percent."
Lee did not practice Monday after spraining his left knee this past Saturday in Penn State's 31-6 victory against Temple. Lee sat out all of last season with a torn ACL in his right knee.
Bowman missed the past two games with a groin injury, but could be ready to return for Penn State's Big Ten opener this weekend.
"If his health continues to be as it is today, I'd expect him to be starting Saturday," Penn State linebacker Josh Hull said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Wagner shocks Robert Morris women’s basketball team at Sewall Center, 66-60
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Rice says U.S. has Israel’s back, won’t accept nuclear-armed Iran
- Wolf to outline charter school plan in budget address
- Clinton portrait refers to Lewinsky scandal, Philadelphia artist says
- Gorman: McConnells owned ‘The Pete’
- NFL notebook: Lions opt not to tag DT Suh
- 14th annual FashionAfricana looks at world of beauty
- Spring teams making most of indoor practices until weather breaks
- ‘Let It Snow’s’ big-name cast filming all over Western Pennsylvania