Former No. 1-ranked Marat Safin believes that Andre Agassi should give his tennis titles back after confessing he tested positive for a banned substance from using crystal meth during his career and lied about it to the ATP.
"I'm not defending the ATP, but what he said put it in a delicate position," Safin said. "The ATP allowed him to win a lot of tournaments, a lot of money. It kept his secret. Why does he need to be so cruel with it?"
• His trainer says middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (35-1, 31 KOs) will defend his titles next month against Miguel Espino (20-2-1, 9 KOs), in Pavlik's first fight since February.
• Cristie Kerr shot 4-under 32 on the back nine to lead the LPGA team to a win in the Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge. It is the LPGA's fifth win in the event against the PGA Tour (seven wins) and Champions Tour (six).
• Rory McIlroy decided to join the PGA Tour next year with hopes of moving up in the world ranking.
• Azeri, the Horse of the Year in 2002, brought $2.25 million yesterday in the opening session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
• All horses that ran in the Breeders' Cup have tested negative for illegal performance-enhancing drugs.
• Major League Soccer has named Seattle Sounders forward Fredy Montero the 2009 MLS Newcomer of the Year.
• The MLS-bound Vancouver Whitecaps and five other United Soccer Leagues First Division teams have formed a new professional league that will begin playing in April. The teams formed the new league because they were unhappy with how USL-1 is owned and structured.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.