Steelers safety Polamalu doesn't practice, likely out against Ravens
Troy Polamalu didn't practice Thursday and is unlikely to play Sunday in Baltimore.
Polamalu didn't play against the Kansas City Chiefs last Sunday because of a strained ligament in his left knee.
Left guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) and quarterback Charlie Batch (wrist) are already out for the 8:20 p.m. game against the Ravens.
Defensive end Travis Kirschke's status for the game is uncertain as he again was a limited participant in practice. Kirschke has missed the Steelers' last three games because of a strained calf.
Running back Willie Parker (hip) was also limited in practice yesterday.
• Outside linebacker Terrell Suggs (knee) missed practice again yesterday. He is questionable at best to play against the Steelers.
Also not practicing yesterday for the Ravens were safety Ed Reed (foot) and linebacker Ray Lewis (foot).
Neither player has practiced this week.
Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (ankle) was a limited participant in practice.
• New cornerback Corey Ivy on how covering kicks is about desire: "I'd say (desire is) about 85 percent. It's not a glory position. There's not a position where you can stand out — except if you're the returner — so it's a lot of want-to and a lot of dirty work that I just consider as part of my job description."
Ivy and linebacker Rocky Boiman were signed earlier this week to help shore up the Steelers' kickoff coverage unit.
The Steelers have given up four kickoff returns for touchdowns in their past five games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Stocks bounce back from big losses to close relatively flat
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh showcase features over 40 artists
- Pirates acquire Soria from Tigers
- NFL notebook: Brady’s lawsuit will be heard in New York
- Turkey aims guns at Kurdish rebels
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Passing the illegals buck
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Athletes from Greensburg YMCA competing at USA Track & Field nationals