Duquesne team to play at Consol Energy Center
College Football Videos
Duquesne University President Charles J. Dougherty said today that plans are being made for the school's men's basketball team to play some of its home games at the Consol Energy Center that is under construction near the campus.
"We are not ready to announce it yet, but we will be playing most of our big games (at Consol)," he said. "I am talking about our annual games with Xavier, Dayton, probably, eventually, Pitt and West Virginia."
Duquesne played one game at Mellon Arena last season — its home game against Pitt. It plays most of its games at the Palumbo Center on campus.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt makes key defensive plays to hold off Kent State, 85-76
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Penguins’ Johnston agrees with Dubinsky suspension
- Penn State’s men’s basketball team’s late rally foils Bucknell
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Slippery Rock halts late rally, advances to D-II quarterfinals
- Pot doctors in medical marijuana states push boundaries with marketing
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- NHL notebook: Canadiens’ Price reportedly will be sidelined 1 month with knee injury
- Downtown holiday parade festive, but turnout low
- Steelers remain cautious of Seattle QB Wilson on ground, through air