Steelers sign Southern Illinois quarterback
The Steelers will go into training camp with five quarterbacks after signing undrafted free agent Chris Dieker of Southern Illinois today.
The 6-5, 230-pounder is third on Southern Illinois' all-time list in passing yards (5,237) and touchdowns (41).
Dieker joins Ben Roethlisberger, Byron Leftwich, Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon as the quarterbacks on the Steelers' roster. Dixon is a restricted free agent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others
- Late goal gives Riverhounds victory over Tampa Bay in U.S. Open Cup
- Ford City told to correct problems with pension plan language
- Propel sixth-graders chronicle McKeesport history for younger peers
- Edwards leads Deer Lakes softball into WPIAL title game
- ACMH Hospital unveils emergency room renovations
- Primary write-in votes tabulated in Armstrong County
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Pittsburgh bicyclist pedaling for pets
- Ex-S. Allegheny teacher held on sex assault counts