Steelers giddy about appearance in 'The Dark Knight Rises'
Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is as excited about his plans for Saturday as he is about the $61.5 million contract he signed today.
Woodley, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and inside linebacker James Farrior are among the Steelers who will make cameo appearances in "The Dark Knight Rises" when filming shifts to Heinz Field tomorrow.
Naturally, they're playing football players.
"I can't wait," said Woodley, a big Batman fan while growing up. "I don't care if they showed me for half a second because I'm going to the movie and now I can look at myself."
There is a Steelers connection beyond the fact that filming for the latest Batman movie is taking place in Pittsburgh. Thomas Tull is the CEO and president of Legendary Pictures, which is making the movie. He also is a part owner of the Steelers.
"I can tell somebody I was in Batman," Farrior said. "That's going to be awesome."
Tomorrow's filming does not conflict with coach Mike Tomlin's practice schedule.
The Steelers aren't practicing until 2:55 p.m., giving the players who are in the movie time to get back to St. Vincent for drills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Some in Western Pa. affected by Staples data breach
- NFL notebook: Woodland Hills product Miles undergoes emergency surgery
- Review: No improper contact between Pa. Supreme Court justices, lawyers
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Giant Eagle Inc. appears to have settled ‘fuelperks!’ lawsuit
- LCB ruling could mean home-delivered beer in Pa.
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd