Steelers giddy about appearance in 'The Dark Knight Rises'
Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is as excited about his plans for Saturday as he is about the $61.5 million contract he signed today.
Woodley, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and inside linebacker James Farrior are among the Steelers who will make cameo appearances in "The Dark Knight Rises" when filming shifts to Heinz Field tomorrow.
Naturally, they're playing football players.
"I can't wait," said Woodley, a big Batman fan while growing up. "I don't care if they showed me for half a second because I'm going to the movie and now I can look at myself."
There is a Steelers connection beyond the fact that filming for the latest Batman movie is taking place in Pittsburgh. Thomas Tull is the CEO and president of Legendary Pictures, which is making the movie. He also is a part owner of the Steelers.
"I can tell somebody I was in Batman," Farrior said. "That's going to be awesome."
Tomorrow's filming does not conflict with coach Mike Tomlin's practice schedule.
The Steelers aren't practicing until 2:55 p.m., giving the players who are in the movie time to get back to St. Vincent for drills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- $11M gift from Hillman to help CMU attract faculty, support students
- Pitt women’s soccer makes history; West Virginia doesn’t want to repeat it
- Plum school board asks why tip line was removed from student handbook
- Keuchel, Astros beat Yankees
- District college notebook: Geneva women’s volleyball team keeps rolling
- $9M sought to finish turning Penn Circle in Pittsburgh to two-way streets
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Same cast, improved results for Pitt defense