Steelers giddy about appearance in 'The Dark Knight Rises'
Steelers outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is as excited about his plans for Saturday as he is about the $61.5 million contract he signed today.
Woodley, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and inside linebacker James Farrior are among the Steelers who will make cameo appearances in "The Dark Knight Rises" when filming shifts to Heinz Field tomorrow.
Naturally, they're playing football players.
"I can't wait," said Woodley, a big Batman fan while growing up. "I don't care if they showed me for half a second because I'm going to the movie and now I can look at myself."
There is a Steelers connection beyond the fact that filming for the latest Batman movie is taking place in Pittsburgh. Thomas Tull is the CEO and president of Legendary Pictures, which is making the movie. He also is a part owner of the Steelers.
"I can tell somebody I was in Batman," Farrior said. "That's going to be awesome."
Tomorrow's filming does not conflict with coach Mike Tomlin's practice schedule.
The Steelers aren't practicing until 2:55 p.m., giving the players who are in the movie time to get back to St. Vincent for drills.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Web-savvy terrorists have success luring U.S. recruits with social media
- North Side toymaker Digital Dream Labs starts strong in 1st holiday season
- Pitt’s surge goes for naught as No. 11 Purdue prevails
- Stylish, inexpensive dress takes television newsrooms by storm
- Automakers feast on deals in November
- Monessen Civic Center to host ‘Christmas Show’
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Mt. Pleasant Area School Board puts limit on taxes for 2016-17
- Pittsburgh City Council advances $1M study of buildings
- Overseas data, financial shares lead stocks to strong December start
- Believe in Connellsville contest begins