Vincentian rallies to down North Catholic in Class A final
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Vincentian's Laura Primyon hit four 3-pointers, and the Royals erased a 10-point deficit in a whirlwind fourth quarter to down rival North Catholic, 54-50, in the WPIAL Class A girls basketball title game this afternoon at the Palumbo Center.
Abby Bartoszewicz hit the go-ahead free throw with 55.9 seconds to go, 40 seconds after Primyon tied the game with her fourth 3-pointer of the quarter.
It is the 6th championship for Vincentian (25-1). North Catholic (20-6) was trying to extend its record to 17 WPIAL titles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Police officer reported wounded in New Florence; suspect at-large
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- WPIAL Class AAA notes: Title games draw 16,500 to Heinz Field
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Funding highway bill atop Rep. Shuster’s agenda
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Robert Morris defeats Mississippi Valley State for 1st victory of season
- Thomas Jefferson captures 6th WPIAL title