Pirates' first big cut of spring claims 10
BRADENTON, Fla. — The Pirates this morning made their first major cuts of spring training, paring the roster by 10, including the optioning of shortstop Chase d'Arnaud.
The team also optioned pitchers Rudy Owens, Jeff Locke and Duke Welker. Reassigned to minor-league camp were pitchers Mike Crotta and Logan Kensing, catchers Tony Sanchez and Ramon Cabrera, outfielder Robbie Grossman and infielder Anderson Hernandez.
The camp roster is down to 48.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- West Virginia football team finds late-season mean streak
- Roundup: Alcoa names post-split leaders for company keeping its name; General Mills sets goal to buy all-cage free eggs by 2025; more
- German financial giant Allianz SE slashes coal investments
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf: ‘Theatrics’ holding up budget
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Pitt’s Dixon monitoring minutes early in season