Steelers' Tomlin plans to 'feed' Parker
On the dominance of the Steelers' defense through the first two games:
"They're playing the game at a high level and they're playing with a great energy and enthusiasm. Those guys take a great deal of pride in how they play. They care about one another and it shows. "
On Willie Parker having 50 carries two games into the season:
"We're going to ride Willie until the wheels come off. He's getting better with each carry as these games go on and I'm starting to realize that about him, he's a rhythm runner so we're going to feed him."
On the Steelers spreading the ball around in the passing game:
"Yes, there are some playmakers -- some Hines Wards, some people of that nature -- that you know can deliver for you when things get tough, but I don't want anyone to think they're less of a playmaker than anyone else."
On how first-team fullback Carey Davis has done as a blocker:
"He does a nice job of sticking on people in space, sifting through traffic and getting on guys he's supposed to get on. He's growing every week."
On the chances of him wearing a tie Sunday as 49ers coach Mike Nolan does for games:
"Very little, unless Mr. Rooney asks me (to). I'd prefer to be in a sweatsuit."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Steelers defensive end Thomas is finding success on the field
- Steelers sign tackle Gilbert to $30 million deal
- Steelers believe Wheaton ready to step in as No. 2 receiver