Steelers' Tomlin plans to 'feed' Parker
On the dominance of the Steelers' defense through the first two games:
"They're playing the game at a high level and they're playing with a great energy and enthusiasm. Those guys take a great deal of pride in how they play. They care about one another and it shows. "
On Willie Parker having 50 carries two games into the season:
"We're going to ride Willie until the wheels come off. He's getting better with each carry as these games go on and I'm starting to realize that about him, he's a rhythm runner so we're going to feed him."
On the Steelers spreading the ball around in the passing game:
"Yes, there are some playmakers -- some Hines Wards, some people of that nature -- that you know can deliver for you when things get tough, but I don't want anyone to think they're less of a playmaker than anyone else."
On how first-team fullback Carey Davis has done as a blocker:
"He does a nice job of sticking on people in space, sifting through traffic and getting on guys he's supposed to get on. He's growing every week."
On the chances of him wearing a tie Sunday as 49ers coach Mike Nolan does for games:
"Very little, unless Mr. Rooney asks me (to). I'd prefer to be in a sweatsuit."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers look ahead vs. Baltimore Ravens: All John Harbaugh does is win
- Steelers Film Session: Archer used sporadically in victory over Jaguars
- Browns Pro Bowl left tackle Thomas instills winning attitude