Steelers' Tomlin plans to 'feed' Parker
On the dominance of the Steelers' defense through the first two games:
"They're playing the game at a high level and they're playing with a great energy and enthusiasm. Those guys take a great deal of pride in how they play. They care about one another and it shows. "
On Willie Parker having 50 carries two games into the season:
"We're going to ride Willie until the wheels come off. He's getting better with each carry as these games go on and I'm starting to realize that about him, he's a rhythm runner so we're going to feed him."
On the Steelers spreading the ball around in the passing game:
"Yes, there are some playmakers -- some Hines Wards, some people of that nature -- that you know can deliver for you when things get tough, but I don't want anyone to think they're less of a playmaker than anyone else."
On how first-team fullback Carey Davis has done as a blocker:
"He does a nice job of sticking on people in space, sifting through traffic and getting on guys he's supposed to get on. He's growing every week."
On the chances of him wearing a tie Sunday as 49ers coach Mike Nolan does for games:
"Very little, unless Mr. Rooney asks me (to). I'd prefer to be in a sweatsuit."
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- Steelers’ Polamalu downplays emotional outburst