Four Steelers return to practice
Wide receiver Santonio Holmes (quadriceps), fullback Dan Kreider (ankle), tackle Marvel Smith (coach's decision) and wide receiver Hines Ward (coach's decision) returned to practice on a full-participation basis. Free safety Ryan Clark (spleen), defensive end Aaron Smith and tight end Jerame Tuman (back) did not practice.
"I did some running, and I think it went well," Aaron Smith said. "I'm always optimistic, but you never know. We'll see what happens."
For the Ravens, linebacker Antwan Barnes (thigh), center Mike Flynn (knee), quarterback Steve McNair (groin), defensive tackle Trevor Pryce (wrist), tight end Quinn Sypniewski (knee) and tackle Adam Terry (ankle) practiced. Tight end Todd Heap (thigh) and cornerback Chris McAlister (knee) participated on a limited basis.
Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians expressed the highest possible praise for Ravens free safety Ed Reed on Thursday.
"Ed's a great player," Arians said. "I personally think he's the best (of the NFL's safeties). I love (Steelers SS) Troy (Polamalu), and I think he's good, but Ed is really good."
2 - Rushing touchdowns needed by McNair to pass Kordell Stewart (38) for third place in NFL history among quarterbacks.
5 - Games the Ravens have won against the Steelers in the last seven meetings.
98.9 - Rushing yards per game for the Steelers against the Ravens since 2000.
143.2 - Rushing yards per game for the Steelers against the rest of the NFL since 2000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints