Four Steelers return to practice
Wide receiver Santonio Holmes (quadriceps), fullback Dan Kreider (ankle), tackle Marvel Smith (coach's decision) and wide receiver Hines Ward (coach's decision) returned to practice on a full-participation basis. Free safety Ryan Clark (spleen), defensive end Aaron Smith and tight end Jerame Tuman (back) did not practice.
"I did some running, and I think it went well," Aaron Smith said. "I'm always optimistic, but you never know. We'll see what happens."
For the Ravens, linebacker Antwan Barnes (thigh), center Mike Flynn (knee), quarterback Steve McNair (groin), defensive tackle Trevor Pryce (wrist), tight end Quinn Sypniewski (knee) and tackle Adam Terry (ankle) practiced. Tight end Todd Heap (thigh) and cornerback Chris McAlister (knee) participated on a limited basis.
Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians expressed the highest possible praise for Ravens free safety Ed Reed on Thursday.
"Ed's a great player," Arians said. "I personally think he's the best (of the NFL's safeties). I love (Steelers SS) Troy (Polamalu), and I think he's good, but Ed is really good."
2 - Rushing touchdowns needed by McNair to pass Kordell Stewart (38) for third place in NFL history among quarterbacks.
5 - Games the Ravens have won against the Steelers in the last seven meetings.
98.9 - Rushing yards per game for the Steelers against the Ravens since 2000.
143.2 - Rushing yards per game for the Steelers against the rest of the NFL since 2000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers
- Nothing normal about Steelers’ standard as backups fill vital roles
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Rossi: Put this Steelers loss squarely on the kicker
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Loss leaves bitter taste for Steelers’ Vick