Roethlisberger named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Ben Roethlisberger has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
The Steelers quarterback led the Steelers back from an 11-point halftime deficit last Sunday, accounting for all three of the Steelers' second-half touchdowns in a 31-28 over the Cleveland Browns.
It is the second time Roethlisberger has won the award during his career.
Roethlisberger completed 23-of-34 passes for 278 yards and two touchdowns as the Steelers beat the Browns for the ninth-straight time.
He also rushed for 49 yards on five carries and had a 30-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year