Roethlisberger named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Ben Roethlisberger has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
The Steelers quarterback led the Steelers back from an 11-point halftime deficit last Sunday, accounting for all three of the Steelers' second-half touchdowns in a 31-28 over the Cleveland Browns.
It is the second time Roethlisberger has won the award during his career.
Roethlisberger completed 23-of-34 passes for 278 yards and two touchdowns as the Steelers beat the Browns for the ninth-straight time.
He also rushed for 49 yards on five carries and had a 30-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb