Roethlisberger named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Ben Roethlisberger has been named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.
The Steelers quarterback led the Steelers back from an 11-point halftime deficit last Sunday, accounting for all three of the Steelers' second-half touchdowns in a 31-28 over the Cleveland Browns.
It is the second time Roethlisberger has won the award during his career.
Roethlisberger completed 23-of-34 passes for 278 yards and two touchdowns as the Steelers beat the Browns for the ninth-straight time.
He also rushed for 49 yards on five carries and had a 30-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the game.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters
- Penguins notebook: Players prepared for tough schedule in minors
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers