Steelers host free agents Hadnot, White
The Steelers are hosting a pair of free agents today, guard/center Rex Hadnot and linebacker Tracy White.
Hadnot started all 16 games at right guard for the Dolphins last season. The 6-2, 325-pounder started 16 games at center in 2006 and split time between guard and center the previous season.
Hadnot, a sixth-round pick by the Dolphins in 2004, visited the Texans last week.
The Steelers are looking at White, a fifth-year veteran, as strictly a special-teams player.
The Steelers have a need on special teams since they recently released former special teams co-captain Clint Kriewaldt.
The 6-0, 234-pound White, who has played for three different NFL teams, had 11 tackles for the Packers last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat