Steelers host free agents Hadnot, White
The Steelers are hosting a pair of free agents today, guard/center Rex Hadnot and linebacker Tracy White.
Hadnot started all 16 games at right guard for the Dolphins last season. The 6-2, 325-pounder started 16 games at center in 2006 and split time between guard and center the previous season.
Hadnot, a sixth-round pick by the Dolphins in 2004, visited the Texans last week.
The Steelers are looking at White, a fifth-year veteran, as strictly a special-teams player.
The Steelers have a need on special teams since they recently released former special teams co-captain Clint Kriewaldt.
The 6-0, 234-pound White, who has played for three different NFL teams, had 11 tackles for the Packers last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers film session: Accuracy propels Roethlisberger vs. Colts
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ receivers enjoy being part of Ben’s record day
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense