Steelers host free agents Hadnot, White
The Steelers are hosting a pair of free agents today, guard/center Rex Hadnot and linebacker Tracy White.
Hadnot started all 16 games at right guard for the Dolphins last season. The 6-2, 325-pounder started 16 games at center in 2006 and split time between guard and center the previous season.
Hadnot, a sixth-round pick by the Dolphins in 2004, visited the Texans last week.
The Steelers are looking at White, a fifth-year veteran, as strictly a special-teams player.
The Steelers have a need on special teams since they recently released former special teams co-captain Clint Kriewaldt.
The 6-0, 234-pound White, who has played for three different NFL teams, had 11 tackles for the Packers last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Steelers notebook: Gay endorses domestic violence app
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone