Steelers host free agents Hadnot, White
The Steelers are hosting a pair of free agents today, guard/center Rex Hadnot and linebacker Tracy White.
Hadnot started all 16 games at right guard for the Dolphins last season. The 6-2, 325-pounder started 16 games at center in 2006 and split time between guard and center the previous season.
Hadnot, a sixth-round pick by the Dolphins in 2004, visited the Texans last week.
The Steelers are looking at White, a fifth-year veteran, as strictly a special-teams player.
The Steelers have a need on special teams since they recently released former special teams co-captain Clint Kriewaldt.
The 6-0, 234-pound White, who has played for three different NFL teams, had 11 tackles for the Packers last season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers lookahead: Colts QB Luck becoming one of NFL’s elite
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory