Car dealer sues former Steelers RB Verron Haynes
A Monroeville car dealership sued former Steelers running back Verron Haynes on Monday, alleging he owes $60,000 for a 2001 Aston Martin.
Haynes, who said he was unaware of the lawsuit, bought the vehicle in May 2006 for $67,500 from A&L Motor Sales on William Penn Highway, according to the lawsuit filed in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.
Haynes paid $7,650 but has subsequently defaulted on payments and has bounced three checks to the dealership, according to the lawsuit.
Haynes played with the Steelers from 2002-06 and briefly last year after re-signing in December. He is an unrestricted free agent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell