Car dealer sues former Steelers RB Verron Haynes
A Monroeville car dealership sued former Steelers running back Verron Haynes on Monday, alleging he owes $60,000 for a 2001 Aston Martin.
Haynes, who said he was unaware of the lawsuit, bought the vehicle in May 2006 for $67,500 from A&L Motor Sales on William Penn Highway, according to the lawsuit filed in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.
Haynes paid $7,650 but has subsequently defaulted on payments and has bounced three checks to the dealership, according to the lawsuit.
Haynes played with the Steelers from 2002-06 and briefly last year after re-signing in December. He is an unrestricted free agent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers notebook: Big Ben sees increase in throwing out of shotgun
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Steelers notebook: Former lineman Kemoeatu receives kidney from brother
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers remain confident in ground game