Car dealer sues former Steelers RB Verron Haynes
A Monroeville car dealership sued former Steelers running back Verron Haynes on Monday, alleging he owes $60,000 for a 2001 Aston Martin.
Haynes, who said he was unaware of the lawsuit, bought the vehicle in May 2006 for $67,500 from A&L Motor Sales on William Penn Highway, according to the lawsuit filed in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.
Haynes paid $7,650 but has subsequently defaulted on payments and has bounced three checks to the dealership, according to the lawsuit.
Haynes played with the Steelers from 2002-06 and briefly last year after re-signing in December. He is an unrestricted free agent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts