Car dealer sues former Steelers RB Verron Haynes
A Monroeville car dealership sued former Steelers running back Verron Haynes on Monday, alleging he owes $60,000 for a 2001 Aston Martin.
Haynes, who said he was unaware of the lawsuit, bought the vehicle in May 2006 for $67,500 from A&L Motor Sales on William Penn Highway, according to the lawsuit filed in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.
Haynes paid $7,650 but has subsequently defaulted on payments and has bounced three checks to the dealership, according to the lawsuit.
Haynes played with the Steelers from 2002-06 and briefly last year after re-signing in December. He is an unrestricted free agent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver