Car dealer sues former Steelers RB Verron Haynes
A Monroeville car dealership sued former Steelers running back Verron Haynes on Monday, alleging he owes $60,000 for a 2001 Aston Martin.
Haynes, who said he was unaware of the lawsuit, bought the vehicle in May 2006 for $67,500 from A&L Motor Sales on William Penn Highway, according to the lawsuit filed in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.
Haynes paid $7,650 but has subsequently defaulted on payments and has bounced three checks to the dealership, according to the lawsuit.
Haynes played with the Steelers from 2002-06 and briefly last year after re-signing in December. He is an unrestricted free agent.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ Polamalu ponders murky future after team’s playoff loss
- Steelers cope with season’s sudden, unsatisfying finish
- Steelers notebook: Ike Taylor says he has ‘years left’ but is ‘very cool’ with ’14 being last season
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon