Steelers re-sign Eason to two-year contract
The Steelers have re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract.
The 6-3, 305-pounder played in all 17 of the Steelers' games last season and started one of them in place of the injured Aaron Smith. Eason was credited with seven tackles.
In other Steelers news, the team is hosting five college prospects today at its South Side practice facility.
Meeting with coaches and scouts are Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, Michigan State running back Jehuu Caulcrick, Texas A&M defensive tackle Joseph "Red" Bryant, Kansas running back Brandon McAnderson and Hampton defensive end Kendall Langford.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Polamalu, Taylor among Steelers starters returning for Sunday’s game vs. Saints
- Steelers realize that Brees-led Saints are always dangerous
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell