Steelers re-sign Eason to two-year contract
The Steelers have re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract.
The 6-3, 305-pounder played in all 17 of the Steelers' games last season and started one of them in place of the injured Aaron Smith. Eason was credited with seven tackles.
In other Steelers news, the team is hosting five college prospects today at its South Side practice facility.
Meeting with coaches and scouts are Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, Michigan State running back Jehuu Caulcrick, Texas A&M defensive tackle Joseph "Red" Bryant, Kansas running back Brandon McAnderson and Hampton defensive end Kendall Langford.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense