Steelers re-sign Eason to two-year contract
The Steelers have re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract.
The 6-3, 305-pounder played in all 17 of the Steelers' games last season and started one of them in place of the injured Aaron Smith. Eason was credited with seven tackles.
In other Steelers news, the team is hosting five college prospects today at its South Side practice facility.
Meeting with coaches and scouts are Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, Michigan State running back Jehuu Caulcrick, Texas A&M defensive tackle Joseph "Red" Bryant, Kansas running back Brandon McAnderson and Hampton defensive end Kendall Langford.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Steeler draft analysis: There’s no excuse for no 1st-round cornerback
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner