Steelers re-sign Eason to two-year contract
The Steelers have re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract.
The 6-3, 305-pounder played in all 17 of the Steelers' games last season and started one of them in place of the injured Aaron Smith. Eason was credited with seven tackles.
In other Steelers news, the team is hosting five college prospects today at its South Side practice facility.
Meeting with coaches and scouts are Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, Michigan State running back Jehuu Caulcrick, Texas A&M defensive tackle Joseph "Red" Bryant, Kansas running back Brandon McAnderson and Hampton defensive end Kendall Langford.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Steelers rally past Titans for key win
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee