Steelers re-sign Eason to two-year contract
The Steelers have re-signed defensive end Nick Eason to a two-year contract.
The 6-3, 305-pounder played in all 17 of the Steelers' games last season and started one of them in place of the injured Aaron Smith. Eason was credited with seven tackles.
In other Steelers news, the team is hosting five college prospects today at its South Side practice facility.
Meeting with coaches and scouts are Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, Michigan State running back Jehuu Caulcrick, Texas A&M defensive tackle Joseph "Red" Bryant, Kansas running back Brandon McAnderson and Hampton defensive end Kendall Langford.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin dismisses clock run-off near end of Chargers game
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Preparation, passion keep pushing Steelers safety Allen
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego