Steelers' 'My Wish' segment to air on ESPN
Akeem Havens played video games with Ben Roethlisberger and scored a touchdown during practice as part of the day the 14-year-old Flowery Branch, Ga., resident spent with the Steelers last month.
ESPN will air highlights from Havens' day with the Steelers on its 11 a.m. SportsCenter broadcast Sunday as part of its "My Wish" series. Havens, who's a quadriplegic, had requested to play video games with Roethlisberger, his favorite athlete, through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The Steelers went beyond that, making Havens a member of the team for a day -- club chairman Dan Rooney presented him with a No. 1 jersey during a press conference -- and having him watch practice and eat lunch with the players and coaches at the team's South Side facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Timmons feels pressure to transform Steelers back into contender
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe