Steelers' 'My Wish' segment to air on ESPN
Akeem Havens played video games with Ben Roethlisberger and scored a touchdown during practice as part of the day the 14-year-old Flowery Branch, Ga., resident spent with the Steelers last month.
ESPN will air highlights from Havens' day with the Steelers on its 11 a.m. SportsCenter broadcast Sunday as part of its "My Wish" series. Havens, who's a quadriplegic, had requested to play video games with Roethlisberger, his favorite athlete, through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The Steelers went beyond that, making Havens a member of the team for a day -- club chairman Dan Rooney presented him with a No. 1 jersey during a press conference -- and having him watch practice and eat lunch with the players and coaches at the team's South Side facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers QB dismisses preseason woes, looks to opener vs. Browns
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires