Steelers' 'My Wish' segment to air on ESPN
Akeem Havens played video games with Ben Roethlisberger and scored a touchdown during practice as part of the day the 14-year-old Flowery Branch, Ga., resident spent with the Steelers last month.
ESPN will air highlights from Havens' day with the Steelers on its 11 a.m. SportsCenter broadcast Sunday as part of its "My Wish" series. Havens, who's a quadriplegic, had requested to play video games with Roethlisberger, his favorite athlete, through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The Steelers went beyond that, making Havens a member of the team for a day -- club chairman Dan Rooney presented him with a No. 1 jersey during a press conference -- and having him watch practice and eat lunch with the players and coaches at the team's South Side facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Steelers rally past Titans for key win
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee