Steelers' 'My Wish' segment to air on ESPN
Akeem Havens played video games with Ben Roethlisberger and scored a touchdown during practice as part of the day the 14-year-old Flowery Branch, Ga., resident spent with the Steelers last month.
ESPN will air highlights from Havens' day with the Steelers on its 11 a.m. SportsCenter broadcast Sunday as part of its "My Wish" series. Havens, who's a quadriplegic, had requested to play video games with Roethlisberger, his favorite athlete, through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
The Steelers went beyond that, making Havens a member of the team for a day -- club chairman Dan Rooney presented him with a No. 1 jersey during a press conference -- and having him watch practice and eat lunch with the players and coaches at the team's South Side facility.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Rooney not expecting much more out of free agency for Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft