Steelers' Batch breaks collarbone
Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch left the team's preseason opener tonight with a broken right collarbone.
Batch, one of the Steelers' most valuable reserves, got hurt early in the second quarter after running for six yards on a broken play.
His loss leaves the Steelers with two rookies, fifth-round pick Dennis Dixon and undrafted free agent Mike Potts, behind Ben Roethlisberger at quarterback.
In other Steelers news, Willie Parker gained 20 yards on three carries. Parker played in his first game since breaking his lower right leg last December. He and Roethlisberger played one series before calling it a night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Steelers’ Harrison announces desire to play one more year
- Steelers’ decision for NFL Draft: Pass rusher or cornerback?
- Steelers release WR Lance Moore