Steelers' Hampton practicing
Casey Hampton has started practicing again and the Steelers have some competition at punter.
The team signed veteran Mitch Berger, and he will compete with Paul Ernster for the job that became available when Daniel Sepulveda tore the ACL in his right knee and was lost for the season.
Hampton, who is practicing this afternoon, had been on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list since showing up for training camp overweight and out of shape. The veteran nose tackle, who is listed at 325 pounds, has been working with conditioning assistant Marcel Pastoor to get his weight down.
He is a four-time Pro Bowler and one of the anchors of the Steelers defense.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Monessen lawyer disbarred by state disciplinary board
- CPR helps revive Heinz Field worker with cardiac arrest
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Agreement on Scaife personal information clears way for will dispute to proceed
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Jury acquits defendant in Mt. Oliver murder case
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates