Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.
McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.
McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.
A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes