Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.
McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.
McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.
A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- Steelers injured running back Bell won’t be in uniform for Pro Bowl