Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.
McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.
McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.
A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open