Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.
McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.
McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.
A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Blount brings back Steelers’ swagger
- Steelers re-sign Keisel to bolster depth on defensive line
- Run game not primary focal point for Steelers
- Steelers are hoping to mirror Eagles’ full-bore, no-huddle offense
- Steelers sign tackle Gilbert to $30 million deal
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu not concerned with being old man among safeties
- Steelers believe Wheaton ready to step in as No. 2 receiver
- Steelers defensive end Thomas is finding success on the field
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell apologizes for taunting penalty vs. Bills
- Gradkowski, Jones struggling to fill backup QB duties for Steelers
- Steelers quizzed on no-huddle offense