Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.
McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.
McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.
A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Run game needed for balance vs. Seahawks
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Penguins notebook: Players prepared for tough schedule in minors