Steelers sign tight end Sean McHugh
The Steelers have signed tight end Sean McHugh to take center Sean Mahan's place on the 53-man roster.
McHugh, a former Penn State standout, spent the previous three seasons with the Lions. His addition gives the Steelers three tight ends on their roster.
McHugh, who can also play fullback, appeared in 15 games last season and caught 17 passes for 252 yards.
A spot became available on the Steelers' roster Tuesday when they traded Mahan to the Buccaneers for a seventh-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers’ Haley unfazed by criticism
- Texans’ Watt to challenge Steelers’ offensive line