Steelers lose Parker, Hampton for Monday night's game
The Steelers will be without a pair of Pro Bowlers Monday night when they host the Ravens.
Running back Willie Parker (knee sprain) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin strain) will miss the 8:30 p.m. game because of injuries, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.
Rookie Rashard Mendenhall, who has not carried the ball in the Steelers' last two games, will start in place of Parker. Chris Hoke will fill in for Hampton. Tomlin said both Parker and Hampton are "week to week."
The Steelers will also be without starting defensive end Brett Keisel (calf strain) against the Ravens as well as outside linebacker Donovan Woods (hamstring).
The Steelers did get good news on the injury regarding Ben Roethlisberger.
Tomlin said the Steelers quarterback is relatively healthy and may not be limited in practice this week.
Roethlisberger came out of the Steelers' 15-6 loss to the Eagles Sunday after getting his hand stepped on. X-rays taken on his throwing hand were negative.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Roethlisberger’s performance arguably among NFL’s greatest
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Greene expects Steelers jersey retirement ceremony to get emotional
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Steelers notebook: No reminders needed that Ravens are next foe