Steelers lose Parker, Hampton for Monday night's game
The Steelers will be without a pair of Pro Bowlers Monday night when they host the Ravens.
Running back Willie Parker (knee sprain) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin strain) will miss the 8:30 p.m. game because of injuries, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.
Rookie Rashard Mendenhall, who has not carried the ball in the Steelers' last two games, will start in place of Parker. Chris Hoke will fill in for Hampton. Tomlin said both Parker and Hampton are "week to week."
The Steelers will also be without starting defensive end Brett Keisel (calf strain) against the Ravens as well as outside linebacker Donovan Woods (hamstring).
The Steelers did get good news on the injury regarding Ben Roethlisberger.
Tomlin said the Steelers quarterback is relatively healthy and may not be limited in practice this week.
Roethlisberger came out of the Steelers' 15-6 loss to the Eagles Sunday after getting his hand stepped on. X-rays taken on his throwing hand were negative.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Depth a concern for Steelers’ Colbert
- Time running out for Steelers’ third-string quarterback Jones?
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?
- Steelers release WR Lance Moore