Steelers lose Parker, Hampton for Monday night's game
The Steelers will be without a pair of Pro Bowlers Monday night when they host the Ravens.
Running back Willie Parker (knee sprain) and nose tackle Casey Hampton (groin strain) will miss the 8:30 p.m. game because of injuries, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.
Rookie Rashard Mendenhall, who has not carried the ball in the Steelers' last two games, will start in place of Parker. Chris Hoke will fill in for Hampton. Tomlin said both Parker and Hampton are "week to week."
The Steelers will also be without starting defensive end Brett Keisel (calf strain) against the Ravens as well as outside linebacker Donovan Woods (hamstring).
The Steelers did get good news on the injury regarding Ben Roethlisberger.
Tomlin said the Steelers quarterback is relatively healthy and may not be limited in practice this week.
Roethlisberger came out of the Steelers' 15-6 loss to the Eagles Sunday after getting his hand stepped on. X-rays taken on his throwing hand were negative.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign former star LB Harrison; Tomlin talks ‘different climate’
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers notebook: Running game kept Panthers guessing
- Steelers Lookahead: Struggling 0-3 Bucs come to town
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Value of nickel rising in NFL