Keisel returns to starting lineup
â€¢ Defensive end Brett Keisel, who has missed the past three games with a calf strain, will return to the starting lineup Sunday when the Steelers visit the Bengals. The Steelers also may welcome back starting nose tackle Casey Hampton for the 1 p.m. game. Hampton, who has missed the past two games with a groin stain, ran Monday and "looked good," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. Tomlin added that Hampton will run again today and that, "we'll target Thursday as a practice day for him and see where he is."
â€¢ Tomlin said he's pleased with where Willie Parker, is even though the running back isn't 100 percent. Parker, who has missed the past two games because of a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee, practiced Monday and is expected to start against the Bengals.
â€¢ Three players, including starting fullback Carey Davis, have been ruled out for Sunday's game. In addition to Davis (sprained ankle), linebacker Keyaron Fox (strained hamstring) and wide receiver Dallas Baker (sprained shoulder) won't play against the Bengals. Tomlin said the Steelers will monitor starting left tackle Marvel Smith (back spasms) this week. If Smith is unable to play, Tomlin said Max Starks will start in his place.
â€¢ Kicker Jeff Reed (strained calf) is expected to play against the Bengals.
Reed hurt his plant leg in the Jaguars game, but Tomlin said the Steelers only briefly entertained the thought of bringing in kickers to work out for the team during the bye week. Tomlin said he will consider having punter Mitch Berger handle kickoffs against the Bengals.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Steelers notebook: Team seek ease on West Coast travel
- Tomlin expects Steelers offense to grow
- Steelers notebook: Harrison return complicated by LeBeau, Titans
- Tomlin eyes Steelers’ return to defensive success this season
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell could move to replace Polamalu
- Steelers notebook: Cornerback need will wait until draft
- Rooney not expecting much more out of free agency for Steelers
- Steelers re-sign LB Harrison to 2-year deal
- Free agent LB Worilds surprises with announcement of retirement
- Harrison writes he is deciding between signing with Steelers or Titans