Steelers' Parker set for Chargers
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Running back Willie Parker is expected to play Sunday despite a shoulder injury that sidelined him for the Steelers' 24-20 loss to the Colts. Parker rushed for 70 yards and a touchdown two weeks ago against the Redskins, but he hurt his shoulder in that game.
Barring a setback this week, the two-time Pro Bowler plans to play against the visiting Chargers.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will address Parker's injury today at his weekly news conference. Parker has rushed for 333 yards and four touchdowns in four games this season. He's missed five of the Steelers' past six games because of knee and shoulder problems.
• The Steelers have signed safety Ryan Mundy to their practice squad. The Woodland Hills graduate takes the place of outside linebacker Donovon Woods, who was promoted to the 53-man roster last Saturday. Mundy, a sixth-round pick in last April's NFL Draft, sustained a high ankle sprain in the Steelers' first exhibition game. The injury limited him the rest of preseason and ended any chance the former Michigan and West Virginia standout had of making the 53-man roster.
• Tight end Heath Miller appears to be making a speedy recovery from the high ankle sprain that kept him out of the Steelers' game against the Colts. The fourth-year veteran is no longer wearing a protective boot on his right foot.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger moved into second place Sunday on the Steelers' all-time passing list with 13,359 career yards. He trails only Terry Bradshaw (27,989) in that category.
8 -- Defensive end Aaron Smith's rank on the Steelers' all-time sacks list.
40.5 -- Sacks Smith has totaled during his career.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Steelers notebook: Shazier limited in practice
- Robinson: Big Ben on pace to break Favre’s record — for sacks
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role