Steelers' Parker set for Chargers
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Running back Willie Parker is expected to play Sunday despite a shoulder injury that sidelined him for the Steelers' 24-20 loss to the Colts. Parker rushed for 70 yards and a touchdown two weeks ago against the Redskins, but he hurt his shoulder in that game.
Barring a setback this week, the two-time Pro Bowler plans to play against the visiting Chargers.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will address Parker's injury today at his weekly news conference. Parker has rushed for 333 yards and four touchdowns in four games this season. He's missed five of the Steelers' past six games because of knee and shoulder problems.
• The Steelers have signed safety Ryan Mundy to their practice squad. The Woodland Hills graduate takes the place of outside linebacker Donovon Woods, who was promoted to the 53-man roster last Saturday. Mundy, a sixth-round pick in last April's NFL Draft, sustained a high ankle sprain in the Steelers' first exhibition game. The injury limited him the rest of preseason and ended any chance the former Michigan and West Virginia standout had of making the 53-man roster.
• Tight end Heath Miller appears to be making a speedy recovery from the high ankle sprain that kept him out of the Steelers' game against the Colts. The fourth-year veteran is no longer wearing a protective boot on his right foot.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger moved into second place Sunday on the Steelers' all-time passing list with 13,359 career yards. He trails only Terry Bradshaw (27,989) in that category.
8 -- Defensive end Aaron Smith's rank on the Steelers' all-time sacks list.
40.5 -- Sacks Smith has totaled during his career.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers unfazed by Patriots quarterback Brady suspension saga
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Steelers notebook: Rookie CB Golson still dealing with left shoulder pain
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers extend head coach Tomlin’s contract through 2018 season
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue