Steelers' Parker set for Chargers
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Running back Willie Parker is expected to play Sunday despite a shoulder injury that sidelined him for the Steelers' 24-20 loss to the Colts. Parker rushed for 70 yards and a touchdown two weeks ago against the Redskins, but he hurt his shoulder in that game.
Barring a setback this week, the two-time Pro Bowler plans to play against the visiting Chargers.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin will address Parker's injury today at his weekly news conference. Parker has rushed for 333 yards and four touchdowns in four games this season. He's missed five of the Steelers' past six games because of knee and shoulder problems.
• The Steelers have signed safety Ryan Mundy to their practice squad. The Woodland Hills graduate takes the place of outside linebacker Donovon Woods, who was promoted to the 53-man roster last Saturday. Mundy, a sixth-round pick in last April's NFL Draft, sustained a high ankle sprain in the Steelers' first exhibition game. The injury limited him the rest of preseason and ended any chance the former Michigan and West Virginia standout had of making the 53-man roster.
• Tight end Heath Miller appears to be making a speedy recovery from the high ankle sprain that kept him out of the Steelers' game against the Colts. The fourth-year veteran is no longer wearing a protective boot on his right foot.
• Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger moved into second place Sunday on the Steelers' all-time passing list with 13,359 career yards. He trails only Terry Bradshaw (27,989) in that category.
8 -- Defensive end Aaron Smith's rank on the Steelers' all-time sacks list.
40.5 -- Sacks Smith has totaled during his career.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud