Fans pick Tomlin as NFL coach of the year
TAMPA, Fla. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was named the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year today.
"It's a tremendous honor," Tomlin said. "It's doubly special because it was voted on by fans of the game."
Award balloting was done on NFL.com.
Other nominees were Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants, Jeff Fisher of the Tennessee Titans, John Harbaugh of the Baltimore Ravens, Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons and Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Slain St. Clair officer walked into ‘worst nightmare’ for police
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- 7 percent in Allegheny County allowed to carry concealed gun
- Steelers receiver Wheaton takes advantage of opportunity in breakout game
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar
- U.S. Marine found guilty of killing transgender Filipino
- Film session: Long shots dotted Steelers’ passing game
- No. 11 Purdue presents tall order for Pitt