Fans pick Tomlin as NFL coach of the year
TAMPA, Fla. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was named the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year today.
"It's a tremendous honor," Tomlin said. "It's doubly special because it was voted on by fans of the game."
Award balloting was done on NFL.com.
Other nominees were Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants, Jeff Fisher of the Tennessee Titans, John Harbaugh of the Baltimore Ravens, Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons and Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Banged-up Steelers can clinch with win over Chiefs
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Chiefs game-plan play that suits speedy rookie Thomas’ talents
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts