Fans pick Tomlin as NFL coach of the year
TAMPA, Fla. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was named the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year today.
"It's a tremendous honor," Tomlin said. "It's doubly special because it was voted on by fans of the game."
Award balloting was done on NFL.com.
Other nominees were Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants, Jeff Fisher of the Tennessee Titans, John Harbaugh of the Baltimore Ravens, Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons and Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice
- Steelers hope 6-sack game gives glimpse of pass-rush capabilities
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility