Fans pick Tomlin as NFL coach of the year
TAMPA, Fla. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was named the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year today.
"It's a tremendous honor," Tomlin said. "It's doubly special because it was voted on by fans of the game."
Award balloting was done on NFL.com.
Other nominees were Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants, Jeff Fisher of the Tennessee Titans, John Harbaugh of the Baltimore Ravens, Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons and Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Steelers notebook: WR Brown recalls Houston’s Watt as teammates at CMU
- Steelers rookie Tuitt prepares for big role
- Steelers’ Tomlin uses news conference to challenge his players
- Steelers seeking solutions for scoring problems in red zone
- Texans coach O’Brien still cherishes time at Penn State
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant making strides
- Texans’ Watt to challenge Steelers’ offensive line