Fans pick Tomlin as NFL coach of the year
TAMPA, Fla. — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was named the Motorola NFL Coach of the Year today.
"It's a tremendous honor," Tomlin said. "It's doubly special because it was voted on by fans of the game."
Award balloting was done on NFL.com.
Other nominees were Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants, Jeff Fisher of the Tennessee Titans, John Harbaugh of the Baltimore Ravens, Mike Smith of the Atlanta Falcons and Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Inside the Steelers: Ventrone suffers right ankle injury
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Steelers’ Brown arrives in style, vows to be ‘the best in the world’
- Steelers notebook: Rookie CB Golson still dealing with left shoulder pain
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line
- IOC urges US to come up with another bid city for 2024 Games
- Steelers RB Bell ready despite being in limbo
- Butler, Steelers defense take on new challenges