Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Game changers: Gay takes another interception the distance
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB