Steeler Jeff Reed charged with criminal mischief
Steelers kicker Jeff Reed was cited with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after throwing a tantrum over an empty paper towel machine at a Westmoreland County convenience store.
Reed, 29, went in to the men's restroom at Sheetz on U.S. Route 22 in New Alexandria borough shortly before 3 a.m.
After discovering that the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom was empty, Reed started loudly banging from inside the bathroom, state police said. He damaged the towel dispenser.
When Reed left the bathroom, he spoke to a Sheetz employee using loud and profane language. He continued to use profane language outside the store, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Rossi: St. Vincent a football sanctuary during Steelers training camp
- Steelers tackle Beachum braces for competition along offensive line
- Steelers’ Brown arrives in style, vows to be ‘the best in the world’
- Steelers notebook: Rookie CB Golson still dealing with left shoulder pain
- Steelers’ offense outshines defense like never before
- Butler, Steelers defense take on new challenges
- Steelers extend head coach Tomlin’s contract through 2018 season
- Goodell doesn’t discount Pittsburgh’s chances of hosting 2023 Super Bowl