Steelers, backup linebacker Andre Frazier agree to terms
The Steelers agreed to terms today on a two-year contract with linebacker Andre Frazier, a member of their Super Bowl-winning teams in 2005 and 2008.
Frazier, a backup linebacker and contributor on special teams, will receive a $125,000 signing bonus and base salaries of $620,000 and $630,000 over the next two seasons.
Frazier, a fourth-year pro, originally made the Steelers as a free agent-rookie from Cincinnati in 2005.
He was released in 2006 and spent some time with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2006 and 2007 before rejoining the Steelers in September of 2007.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues Steelers need to tackle in September
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers formalize practice squad