Steelers finalize dates, times for preseason road games
The two road games on the Steelers 2009 preseason schedule have been finalized.
The Steelers will visit the Washington Redskins on Saturday, Aug. 22 at 7:30 p.m. They conclude their preseason schedule Thursday, Sept. 3, at the Carolina Panthers at 8 p.m.
Both games will be televised locally on KDKA-TV and FSN Pittsburgh.
The Steelers open their preseason against the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday, Aug. 13 at 8 p.m. at Heinz Field after the teams met in Super Bowl XLIII. The game will be televised on ESPN.
The Steelers host the Buffalo Bills and Terrell Owens on Saturday, Aug. 29 at 7:30 p.m. at Heinz Field.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Injury-thinned Steelers linebackers corps stands tall in win over Falcons
- Steelers Film Session: Falcons find way to limit Bell’s production
- Steelers offense finding an unprecedented balance when it counts
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Red-zone defense helps Steelers hang on against Falcons
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense