Steelers' kicker Reed may miss Bills game because of sore ankle
Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has a slightly sprained ankle and may not play in Saturday's preseason game against Buffalo.
Reed stepped in a hole late during training camp at Saint Vincent College, but was able to kick last Saturday against Washington. Reed hit on a 34-yard field goal but missed from 48 yards.
If Reed isn't ready - he is listed as questionable - rookie Piotr Czech will kick against the Bills, according to coach Mike Tomlin. Czech made a 41-yarder against the Redskins.
Quarterback Dennis Dixon (shoulder), tight end Sean McHugh (knee) and right guard Darnell Stapleton (knee) won't play. McHugh had an arthroscopic surgery Wednesday and will be out about a month.
Questionable are wide receiver Santonio Holmes (back) and running backs Willie Parker (hamstring) and Frank Summers (groin).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Workhorse role suits Steelers running back Bell
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Rossi: Book on Steelers coach Tomlin is still open
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees