Steelers' kicker Reed may miss Bills game because of sore ankle
Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has a slightly sprained ankle and may not play in Saturday's preseason game against Buffalo.
Reed stepped in a hole late during training camp at Saint Vincent College, but was able to kick last Saturday against Washington. Reed hit on a 34-yard field goal but missed from 48 yards.
If Reed isn't ready - he is listed as questionable - rookie Piotr Czech will kick against the Bills, according to coach Mike Tomlin. Czech made a 41-yarder against the Redskins.
Quarterback Dennis Dixon (shoulder), tight end Sean McHugh (knee) and right guard Darnell Stapleton (knee) won't play. McHugh had an arthroscopic surgery Wednesday and will be out about a month.
Questionable are wide receiver Santonio Holmes (back) and running backs Willie Parker (hamstring) and Frank Summers (groin).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Steelers finalize 53-man roster
- In last preseason game, a final audition for some Steelers