Steelers' kicker Reed may miss Bills game because of sore ankle
Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has a slightly sprained ankle and may not play in Saturday's preseason game against Buffalo.
Reed stepped in a hole late during training camp at Saint Vincent College, but was able to kick last Saturday against Washington. Reed hit on a 34-yard field goal but missed from 48 yards.
If Reed isn't ready - he is listed as questionable - rookie Piotr Czech will kick against the Bills, according to coach Mike Tomlin. Czech made a 41-yarder against the Redskins.
Quarterback Dennis Dixon (shoulder), tight end Sean McHugh (knee) and right guard Darnell Stapleton (knee) won't play. McHugh had an arthroscopic surgery Wednesday and will be out about a month.
Questionable are wide receiver Santonio Holmes (back) and running backs Willie Parker (hamstring) and Frank Summers (groin).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers