Steelers' kicker Reed may miss Bills game because of sore ankle
Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has a slightly sprained ankle and may not play in Saturday's preseason game against Buffalo.
Reed stepped in a hole late during training camp at Saint Vincent College, but was able to kick last Saturday against Washington. Reed hit on a 34-yard field goal but missed from 48 yards.
If Reed isn't ready - he is listed as questionable - rookie Piotr Czech will kick against the Bills, according to coach Mike Tomlin. Czech made a 41-yarder against the Redskins.
Quarterback Dennis Dixon (shoulder), tight end Sean McHugh (knee) and right guard Darnell Stapleton (knee) won't play. McHugh had an arthroscopic surgery Wednesday and will be out about a month.
Questionable are wide receiver Santonio Holmes (back) and running backs Willie Parker (hamstring) and Frank Summers (groin).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shell closing Franklin Park office next year
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Downtown barbershop target of racial-slur graffiti
- Authorities recover rifle used to kill Westmoreland police officer
- Former Connellsville police officer wants sex-trade case dismissed
- Irwin Park ball field improvements could move forward
- Steps to reduce Sharpsburg blight start
- Budget plan calls for tax hike in Aspinwall
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe