Timmons says he 'definitely' will play against Bears
Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.
Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog .
"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."
Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Steelers claim QB-turned-WR Gardner
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers sign 3rd-round choice Coates
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Steelers notebook: Harrison will play fewer snaps this season