Timmons says he 'definitely' will play against Bears
Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who missed the season opener against the Tennessee Titans with an ankle injury, said he will "definitely be playing" against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.
Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in 2007, announced his availability today on Twitter and in his blog .
"I didn't get to play in last week's game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week's game against the Bears in Chicago," Timmons wrote on the blog. "I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I'm taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100 (percent) real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I'll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field."
Keyaron Fox started for Timmons in the 13-10 overtime victory over the Titans.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Former soccer goalie Lambo chasing NFL dream
- NFL Draft preview: Sizing up the specialists
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- A host of top NFL Draft picks figure to be versatile defensive linemen
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class