Steelers' Mendenhall named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall has been named the NFL's AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his career game against San Diego Sunday night.
Mendenhall, the Steelers top pick in the 2008 draft out of Illinois, rushed for a career high 165 yards and two touchdowns on 29 carries in a 38-28 win over the Chargers. He also caught a pair of passes for 26 yards in his second career start.
Mendenhall came into the game with 45 yards rushing this season and only 103 for his career. His 29 carries was the most by any running back in a single game this season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Steelers notebook: Best RB tandem in NFL?
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Line coach wants strong run defense
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers