Steeler linebacker Timmons said Sunday's injury 'no big deal'
Outside linebacker Lawrence Timmons wrote today on his blog that the ankle injury that knocked him out of the Steelers game last Sunday is "not a big deal." He expects to play Nov. 9 against the Broncos in Denver.
Timmons wrote that he sustained a Grade One sprain of his right ankle. He missed the Steelers' season opener on Sept. 10 because of a sprained left ankle that he sustained in a preseason game
"I should come back faster than I did from that ankle sprain," Timmons wrote. Timmons gets extra time to heal as the Steelers have their regularly scheduled bye this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Steelers cut ties with running back Blount after incident in Tennessee
- Rossi: As Blount walked, Porter called
- Steelers Film Session: Sticking with what works
- Steelers notebook: Gay, secondary brace for Saints QB Brees
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- Steelers’ Mitchell banned from social media
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Steelers notebook: Finally, the bye week is on tap
- Lack of experienced backup means more work for Steelers RB Bell