Steeler linebacker Timmons said Sunday's injury 'no big deal'
Outside linebacker Lawrence Timmons wrote today on his blog that the ankle injury that knocked him out of the Steelers game last Sunday is "not a big deal." He expects to play Nov. 9 against the Broncos in Denver.
Timmons wrote that he sustained a Grade One sprain of his right ankle. He missed the Steelers' season opener on Sept. 10 because of a sprained left ankle that he sustained in a preseason game
"I should come back faster than I did from that ankle sprain," Timmons wrote. Timmons gets extra time to heal as the Steelers have their regularly scheduled bye this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Dog-loving fans irate about Vick signing with Steelers
- Crowd sparse to protest Vick at Steelers’ facility
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Steelers safety Thomas excels despite anxiety of replacing Polamalu