Steeler linebacker Timmons said Sunday's injury 'no big deal'
Outside linebacker Lawrence Timmons wrote today on his blog that the ankle injury that knocked him out of the Steelers game last Sunday is "not a big deal." He expects to play Nov. 9 against the Broncos in Denver.
Timmons wrote that he sustained a Grade One sprain of his right ankle. He missed the Steelers' season opener on Sept. 10 because of a sprained left ankle that he sustained in a preseason game
"I should come back faster than I did from that ankle sprain," Timmons wrote. Timmons gets extra time to heal as the Steelers have their regularly scheduled bye this week.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- In last preseason game, a final audition for some Steelers
- Why Steelers will — or won’t — snap out of their funk
- Steelers running back blunt about focusing on football
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Steelers defense waving flag on penalty calls
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- McLendon looking to make strides in 2nd year as Steelers’ nose tackle
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu’s sideline tirade still making impression on teammates
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall