Illness sidelines Steelers veteran RB Parker
Steelers running back Willie Parker did not practice Monday because of an illness. Parker reported to the Steelers' practice facility with the rest of his teammates. The Steelers sent him to the doctors because he was running a fever.
"We didn't want him to deliver anything to anybody else," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "I anticipate him being fine."
· The bye week and the fact that the Steelers are playing Monday night in Denver gives them two extra days of practice this week. The Steelers normally watch film and get treatment on Mondays, but they did not have a game last weekend. They will practice Saturday, which is usually a walk-through for a Sunday game.
"We should be well prepared for the Denver Broncos," wide receiver Hines Ward said.
· The Steelers made a minor roster move, signing tight end Eugene Bright to their practice squad. They made room for Bright by releasing Kevin Brock from the practice squad. Bright signed with the Philadelphia Eagles this year as an undrafted free agent out of Purdue. The 6-foot-4, 268-pounder spent training camp with Philadelphia but was among the team's final cuts in early September.
· The Steelers became the No. 1 rushing defense in the NFL despite not playing last weekend. The Steelers, who are yielding 76.6 rushing yards per game, moved into the top spot after Arizona gave up 270 rushing yards to Carolina.Additional Information:
Reversing the curse?
The Tennessee Titans try to reverse the curse of the Terrible Towel.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers won’t be backed into a corner at NFL Draft
- NFL draft preview: Rich harvest of receivers
- Ex-Alabama WR Cooper gains separation from other draft prospects at position
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Maligned Nebraska OLB Gregory visits Steelers
- Steelers veteran cornerback Ike Taylor announces retirement
- Steelers host two more pre-draft tight ends
- Steelers name player engagement coordinator
- Steelers notebook: Nebraska LB scheduled to visit Steelers Thursday