Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's take
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin weighs in on a number of issues heading into his team's game this weekend.
Whether there is a drawback to using the no-huddle offense too much:
When you're in the no-huddle, you don't have your full arsenal in terms of ways that you can attack people. You have a sufficient amount of plays, but you have a limited number of formations, shifts, audibles and so forth. It's just a part of what we do, just like (the) Wildcat is a part of what some other people do. It's an element of our game, not something that we get overly enamored with. It's a toolbox. Every now and then, we pull it out.
The Denver Broncos losing to the Baltimore Ravens, 30-7, on Sunday:
Any team that would've come into Baltimore would've had a heck of a time winning that football game. Baltimore is a veteran-savvy football team that's well coached who had come off a streak of a couple games that they didn't believe was satisfactory and had a chance to fine-tune some things, get an edge. It was going to be tough sledding if the All-Madden team came into Baltimore last weekend.
Playing the Broncos on Monday night:
If you like challenges, this one has just about everything you're looking for. You've got a great team in their venue, "Monday Night Football," it's going to be awesome. All we need is Howard Cosell.
Whether the high altitude in Denver puts the Steelers at a disadvantage:
We acknowledge that it exists, but we're not going to acknowledge that it's significant enough to determine the outcome of the game. We're going to go play, and let that determine the outcome.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers not afraid to bring heat with secondary
- Bone bruise a concern for Roethlisberger in return to Steelers
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens
- Steelers lose Roethlisberger for 4-6 weeks in road victory over Rams
- Loss leaves bitter taste for Steelers’ Vick
- Rossi: Put this Steelers loss squarely on the kicker