Washington owner sounds off on his team
Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder made some rare in-season comments about his team and its 2-5 start Tuesday.
"I feel bad for the fans. I feel sorry for the fans, and we're very, very appreciative of our loyal fan base," he said. "We just feel terrible. We're disappointed. We're embarrassed, and we hope to get it going soon."
Asked by a reporter about two recent controversies surrounding the team — the suing of fans who couldn't pay for their premium tickets, and a total ban on fans carrying signs and banners into the stadium — Snyder addressed neither issue.
· The struggling Seattle Seahawks cut ties with Edgerrin James on Tuesday, releasing the backup running back who never provided the pop Seattle hoped to get when it signed the 31-year-old in late August. He gained just 125 yards on 46 carries with no scores. He averaged just 2.7 yards per carry.
· NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith both are slated to participate in the league's latest round of labor negotiations. Speaking after testifying before a House subcommittee yesterday about a legal case involving two Minnesota Vikings players, Goodell told The Associated Press he would be present for today's talks in New York about a new collective bargaining agreement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Steelers submit application to play host to Super Bowl in 2023
- Steelers CB Allen working to regain form, make an impact
- Australians rule punting competition for chance to play for Steelers
- Steelers wide receiver Wheaton embraces move to slot position
- Steelers running back Bell is taking long-term look at his NFL career
- Offseason training helping to accelerate adjustment to NFL life
- Rossi: Moats looks to make a splash with Steelers
- Steelers to honor Bettis with ring ceremony in October
- Hall of Fame QB Montana weighs in on Deflategate, Big Ben, Western Pa.
- James Harrison not cutting back on reps during OTAs