Washington owner sounds off on his team
Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder made some rare in-season comments about his team and its 2-5 start Tuesday.
"I feel bad for the fans. I feel sorry for the fans, and we're very, very appreciative of our loyal fan base," he said. "We just feel terrible. We're disappointed. We're embarrassed, and we hope to get it going soon."
Asked by a reporter about two recent controversies surrounding the team — the suing of fans who couldn't pay for their premium tickets, and a total ban on fans carrying signs and banners into the stadium — Snyder addressed neither issue.
· The struggling Seattle Seahawks cut ties with Edgerrin James on Tuesday, releasing the backup running back who never provided the pop Seattle hoped to get when it signed the 31-year-old in late August. He gained just 125 yards on 46 carries with no scores. He averaged just 2.7 yards per carry.
· NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith both are slated to participate in the league's latest round of labor negotiations. Speaking after testifying before a House subcommittee yesterday about a legal case involving two Minnesota Vikings players, Goodell told The Associated Press he would be present for today's talks in New York about a new collective bargaining agreement.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Colts pass on defensing Big Ben amid Steelers QB’s record-setting day
- Steelers wide receiver Brown getting accolades as one of NFL’s best
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Steelers notebook: Offensive lineman Adams returns to reserve role
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time