Clark's status still unknown
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Another day passed, and Steelers safety Ryan Clark isn't ready to announce whether he will play Monday night against the Denver Broncos.
But Clark made one thing clear Wednesday: his input will play a significant role in the coach Mike Tomlin's decision, despite having complications from his sickle cell trait two years ago that nearly killed him.
His wife, Yonka, might also have a say in the matter. And Clark said if he listens to his wife, he would definitely play Monday.
"She is actually fine with it and has been fine with it," Clark said.
Clark said his wife is at peace with the situation, and no matter what is decided, she knows her husband will return home safe.
"It would be hard for me to play if she would tell me that she didn't want me to play," Clark said. "The decision would've been done if she would've told me that two weeks ago or before the season that she didn't want me playing. We wouldn't even be having this conversation."
"First of all, don't let ya'll put words in my mouth. We will stop it. I know I am cool with all you all, but let me talk, let me say what I am going to say and don't say so and so. Don't do that to me. I don't deserve that from you; I don't do that. I respect you all, so respect me.
Steelers safety, after it was inferred that Tomlin was the one delaying the decision on whether he will play against the Broncos.
18 -- Wins Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton has while playing at home during his career.
2 -- Losses Orton has while playing at home during his career.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens
- Steelers-Ravens grades: Scobee rhymes with ‘D’
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Steelers notebook: Shazier practices, hopes to play Monday at Chargers
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Steelers notebook: Running back Bell OK with play-calling against Ravens