Bengals lose WR Henry for rest of season
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry will miss the rest of the season after having surgery Monday on his broken left forearm. The Bengals put Henry on injured reserve.
· Saying he was embarrassed and that he has to control himself, Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris apologized yesterday for throwing a punch at Arizona Cardinals offensive lineman Deuce Lutui. Harris was ejected on the fourth play from scrimmage of Sunday's game after he and Lutui wound up on the ground on a run play. Harris apologized to teammates, Bears fans and to Lutui.
· Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt is brushing aside wide receiver Anquan Boldin's critical comments that followed the Cardinals' 41-21 victory at Chicago. Boldin was limited in practice by an ankle injury. He warmed up for the game, felt good and expected to play, only to find all his gear had been removed from his locker.
· Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini has returned to his secretive ways with his starting quarterback. Mangini said yesterday that he will wait until Wednesday to announce whether Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn will start next Monday night against the Baltimore Ravens. During Cleveland's bye week, Mangini said he would reveal his starter early this week.
· Buffalo Bills quarterback Trent Edwards expects to be cleared to play this weekend after missing nearly a month recovering from a concussion.
· Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis is doubtful for the next game with a concussion. Coach Jim Zorn says the team will play it safe with Portis, who took a helmet-to-helmet blow during the first quarter Sunday. Portis will undergo a test today to determine if he can play next week against Denver.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Steelers release WR Lance Moore
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?
- Steelers’ decision for NFL Draft: Pass rusher or cornerback?
- Steelers restructure Gilbert, Mitchell contracts; Pouncey close
- Gorman: Steelers botch Big Ben’s negotiation
- Time running out for Steelers’ third-string quarterback Jones?