Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Steelers’ Mitchell taking cautious approach about dealing with injuries
- Inside the Steelers: Wide array of receiving options shine
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played