Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Play to watch: Colts, Luck like to confuse defenses
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Steelers’ Pouncey, brother won’t be charged in July fracas
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Play of the week: Texans find success with zone stretch running attack