Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Steelers notebook: Defense sags in NFL rankings because of struggles against the run
- Steelers not receiving big returns on their offseason investments
- Steelers notebook: LeBeau admits Steelers were rattled
- Steelers film session: Missed tackles prove costly
- Big Ben’s struggles emblematic of loss
- Steelers’ defense out of sync
- Heyward confident youthful Steelers defense will improve
- Mistakes multiply for Steelers in rout by Ravens
- Steelers game changers: Steelers fooled by Ravens’ play action