Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Steelers’ Brown: Attendance ‘never a doubt’ for offseason workouts
- Healthy safety Mitchell is eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Former Steelers kicker Reed doesn’t like new NFL PAT rule
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- Penn State tight end James, a South Allegheny grad, goes to Steelers in 5th round