Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- NFL Draft preview: QB crop thin after top 2
- Baylor’s Petty trying to buck stereotype
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Safety Collins seeks to buck Alabama DB trend
- Steelers wrap up pre-draft visits with four defensive players
- Miami linebacker Perryman eager to stand tall on draft day
- Steelers legend Blount to announce team’s second-round draft pick
- NFL Draft preview: Running back class is deep, talented
- Wisconsin’s Gordon flashes ahead of the pack
- NFL Draft preview: UCLA’s Kendricks leads deep inside linebacker class