Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin leaving `light on’ for injured players
- Steelers ink QB Vick, new teammates OK with signing
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice
- Steelers notebook: Legursky returns to provide offensive line depth
- Dog-loving fans irate about Vick signing with Steelers
- Starkey: Fans should be used to rooting for players with baggage
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions