Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Western Pa. dairies get creative to ensure eggnog supply
- Homestead to offer select free-parking days during holiday season
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Alpine touring skiing movement faces uphill climb in Western Pa.