Replacement Tyrone Carter AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Tyrone Carter, who intercepted a pair of passes in the Steelers' 28-10 win over the Broncos last Monday, has been named AFC Defensive Player of the Week.
Carter started at free safety for Ryan Clark, who was held out of the game because of a medical condition, and he scored the Steelers' first touchdown on a 48-yard interception return.
In the last three starts at free safety dating back to last season, Carter has intercepted five passes and returned two of them for touchdowns.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers not afraid to bring heat with secondary
- Steelers-Ravens grades: Scobee rhymes with ‘D’
- Bell prepared to carry Steelers offense
- With QB Roethlisberger out, it’s time for Steelers’ defense to shine
- Missed field goals haunt Steelers in OT loss to Ravens
- Loss leaves bitter taste for Steelers’ Vick