Bengals no longer a secret in the NFL
Cincinnati guard Bobbie Williams cherishes the fact the Bengals aren't being mentioned among the top teams in the NFL. But after sweeping the two teams that were in the AFC Championship Game a year ago within the first 10 weeks of the season, Williams is afraid that may be impossible now.
"I think we might be peaking up on people's radar now," Williams said. "But let's keep it quiet. We like nobody talking about us. Let them keep questioning us, so we can stay under the radar."
• Overlooking the Bengals might be difficult to do. They have a one-game lead in the AFC North over the Steelers with games against oft-beaten Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit and Kansas City left on the schedule.
"This football team has to keep its head down and play football every Sunday and if we continue to play hard and focused, that is all that matters whether the rest of the league respects us or not," Bengals offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth said.
• The only teams in the NFL with a better record than the Bengals (7-2) are Minnesota, Indianapolis and New Orleans.
"We have to prove ourselves every week until we get the respect that we deserve," wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said. "I don't think we will get that until we get to Miami (site of Super Bowl XLIV)."
• Jonathan Fanene had 3.5 sacks through the first eight games. He had two in the first half against the Steelers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers claim former Cowboys cornerback Webb
- Veteran Keisel settles into role with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall
- Steelers running back blunt about focusing on football
- Steelers have plenty of new faces at wide receiver
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Steelers’ Mitchell enduring growing pains
- Former longtime Steelers publicist Kiely dies