Bengals no longer a secret in the NFL
Cincinnati guard Bobbie Williams cherishes the fact the Bengals aren't being mentioned among the top teams in the NFL. But after sweeping the two teams that were in the AFC Championship Game a year ago within the first 10 weeks of the season, Williams is afraid that may be impossible now.
"I think we might be peaking up on people's radar now," Williams said. "But let's keep it quiet. We like nobody talking about us. Let them keep questioning us, so we can stay under the radar."
• Overlooking the Bengals might be difficult to do. They have a one-game lead in the AFC North over the Steelers with games against oft-beaten Oakland, Cleveland, Detroit and Kansas City left on the schedule.
"This football team has to keep its head down and play football every Sunday and if we continue to play hard and focused, that is all that matters whether the rest of the league respects us or not," Bengals offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth said.
• The only teams in the NFL with a better record than the Bengals (7-2) are Minnesota, Indianapolis and New Orleans.
"We have to prove ourselves every week until we get the respect that we deserve," wide receiver Chad Ochocinco said. "I don't think we will get that until we get to Miami (site of Super Bowl XLIV)."
• Jonathan Fanene had 3.5 sacks through the first eight games. He had two in the first half against the Steelers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Steelers mum on national report involving head of security
- Steelers’ Rooney says both teams should use same footballs
- Steelers sign punter Wing to 1-year extension
- Steelers’ Rooney ‘not expecting a problem’ with new Big Ben deal
- NFL names sportsmanship award after Steelers founder
- Seven questions facing Steelers in quest for seventh Super Bowl title
- Steelers sign CFL defensive end Lemon
- Steelers LBs Jones, Shazier vow to grow from tough seasons
- Steelers’ unrestricted free agent Moats proves worth at linebacker